At Achilleus Security (London) our Event / Football Stewards are the lifeblood and a vital part of the safety, and customer service team at any stadium or venue we work.
Our current Event / Football Stewarding team members enjoy working at stadiums throughout Greater London and the Home Counties area.
All of our Part Time Casual Event / Football Stewarding Team Members MUST hold a Level 2 or 3 NVQ (or equivalent) in Spectator Safety or be working toward the qualification.
Pay Rates are:
- For team members that do not hold an NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety
- Event / Football Steward - In Training - £10.35
- Event / Football Steward - In Training with SIA Licence £10.85
- For team members that do hold an NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety
- Event / Football Steward - Qualified - £10.85
- Event / Football Steward - Qualified with SIA Licence £11.35
OUR RECURITMENT PROCESS
The recruitment process follows 4 steps that includes
- Initial application
- Pre-interview questionnaire completion
- Online interview,
- Application form and id documentation submission.
We look for this process to be completed quickly, ideally within 10 working days.
We are a professional company, and we do have strict conditions to all of our positions, as we don’t hire just anyone! But if you are serious about the role and you meet the criteria, and if you feel that you have just what we are looking for then please apply as we would love to hear from you.
This role will see you responsible for the safety and security of employees and customers at events and venues that we work at.
You will be interacting with the public and employees within the events spaces and locations, along with communicating and directing customers, the public and guests, along with general crowd control / monitoring. You are also responsible for ensuring event / stadium policies, rules and safety procedures are adhered to.
Regular Tasks & Duties Include:
- General Customer Services.
- Monitoring access and egress points.
- Maintaining Social Distancing and COVID Safety protocols.
- Providing Information and direction.
- Ensuring crowd safety plans and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintaining Social Distancing & PPE Conditions.
- Reporting any suspicious behaviour.
- Monitoring Crowds for distress, overcrowding and disorder.
- Ingress control – ticket validation, accreditation checks, and queries.
- Egress control – Observing safe egress from areas, including emergency evacuation.
- Reporting and recording details of accidents, irregularities, near misses, or incidents.
- Responding to accidents, incidents as directed.
- Maintaining safe working environments, and health and safety management.
So, if you are looking for a Part Time Casual Event / Football Stewards Job in the London Area, and you are looking for a company that cares about our team members and the service they provide, then look no further.
Applicants For This Position of Event / Football Stewards Must Be:
- Over 18 Years of age.
- Have a good command of the English Language both written and verbal.
- Be able to provide:
- photographic proof of ID
- proof of right to work within the UK
- recent and relevant proofs of address
- a 5-year minimum checkable history.
- Willing to work as part of a growing team.
- Be prepared to travel within the M25 Area, outside M25 travel may be required on occasion but not compulsory.
- Hold a Level 2 Spectator Safety Qualification or Equivalent or be working towards this qualification.
And we also look for our ideal team members to:
- Have Previous Steward Experience
- Have a Willingness to Deliver Outstanding Customer Service.
- Can Demonstrate Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Have Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Be Polite, Respectful and Courteous
- Have Clear Communication Skills
- Be A Team Player
- Flexible Working Attitude
- Reliable And Responsible
- Have A Can-Do Attitude
- Have Good Grooming Standards and Overall Appearance
- Must Be Able to Work Within a Team and Alone.
- Be Calm and Self-Motivated
- Can Adapt to Changing Situations Quickly.
- Be Relied Upon to Attend Agreed Shifts.
- Happy To Work Outdoors in all conditions
- Good Attitude to Work
- Engaging and easy to talk to
- Always look for ways to improve
- Be Mature and able to handle situations calmly
Event / Football Stewards Will Receive:
- Competitive hourly rates starting from £10.35p/h to £11.35p/h (inclusive of holiday pay)
- 24/7 online booking system via market leading app-based portal and roster system
- Training and development opportunities for you to gain further qualifications and industry knowledge in stewarding and crowd safety
- Supportive management & encouraging working environment
- Opportunities for progression to team leader/supervisor
- Absolutely no charges for branded uniform, insurance, or PPE
- A free Learning Management System with access to more than 20 courses.
- Online app-based portal booking and roster system.
- Free Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Pack.
- Free online CPD Training on selected courses.
- Online payroll portal.
- Free COVID Testing Kits.
- Minimum 5 Hours Pay for every shift.
- Wages are paid Monthly in arrears on the last day of the month.
We pay above National Minimum Wage Rates, and pay rates are dependent on position, qualification, venue and role, and 99% of the assignments offer a 5-hour minimum pay (call time), All our team members are employed on a PAYE Tax basis, and sadly due to HMRC Guidelines we do not except those that are Self Employed even with UTR number.
Pay rates for our Part Time Casual Event / Football Stewards are dependent on venue, training, and exact duties. Please note that 100% of the assignments for this role offer a 5-hour minimum pay (call time) per shift.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT!
We are a growing company, and as such there are great chances for advancement within the team for the right people that demonstrate the right qualities, and we are always looking for those that have what it takes to lead a team and represent the company in a senior capacity.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.35-£11.35 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Our Interview Process.
All interviews for this position of Event / Football Steward will be carried out on-line and you will be required to record your video responses to our questions via our online recruitment portal.